Saturday, April 13, 2013

Resurrection Images

http://sue.edison-swift.com/easterhorse/
SURPRISE!
Who would have thought that an Easter card could make one chuckle?
Who would have thought that a  little girl's drawing could send one spinning into theological reflection?

I have never thought "outside the box", so to speak, on images and symbols used at Easter.
Chicks, lambs, bunnies, flowers, crosses, chocolate, open tombs, caterpillar/butterflies, Easter trees made from forsythia branches, eggs...but an Easter horse.

The Easter horse is just a horse but because of the place and time it is presented it is a surprise, a pregnant pause as one's brain tries to make a connection.  My brain has not made a connection -yet- maybe never; perhaps this is the beauty of the quirky creature.
As a Christian I live in the now and the not yet, knowing and unknowing; in a quirky kind of hope that sees God somehow in a red Easter horse.  I can feel the hope, the intrigue, the possibility of exploring an understanding...I'm exicted.  Please don't ask me to explain for I can not put it into words.  Let me just imagine myself on the horse taking me to wherever resurrection wishes to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...