Thursday, June 10, 2010

genesis 49

...Issachar is a strong donkey...Joseph is a fruitful bough...Benjamin is a ravenous  wolf...
When I read such passages in the Bible, I chuckle a little and feel better about the day.  We have all been described like the sons above. Perhaps not called a donkey or a fruitful bough but, "Kimber is a......."
I use sentences like this to describe people all the time.  This passage is comforting because whatever characteristic is ascribed to us it is only one of many.  There are times when I am a donkey, or fruitful, or plain ravenous.  The grace is that I am not anyone of these things all the time -and my friends and family are thankful for that.  

1 comment:

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...