Thursday, June 17, 2010

a non-graduation

This evening I am attending, in my mind, what was to be my son's ceremony -of moving from Junior High to Highschool.  I say in my mind because the ceremony is non-existent this year, and we were given no heads-up.  My son will get dressed up this evening, for real, to have a class picture taken at the school.  This will be followed by a half hour reception for the parents -to which the students are not welcome, since there will be food at the dance that follows.
I have phoned and made my complaints at the school and at the School Board level.

Grace for me today will be putting my disappointments aside.  It will be trying to avoid the administration who wants to have me celebrate with them over a piece of cake, as if everything is OK.  Grace will be standing with my son, skipping the reception, and picturing him going across the stage with 400 people clapping -just for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...