Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Film Screening: "Four Feet Up"

The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is fast approaching. One the events offered in Halifax by the NS assoc. of Social Workers was a film from Canada's National Film Board. In the film a little boy and his family are followed over a year. Poverty is seen through the eyes of the child. Although the parents are trying exceedingly hard, all the right things are still getting them nowhere. The cycle and grip of poverty is very real. One in six children live in poverty in Canada and that means their families do too. I have lots to complain about and after the presentation today, realize that grace is being a loud voice, continually poking politicans,demanding action and accountability. Grace is justice. Grace is a complaint that moves to action. Grace cannot be quiet in a place where God's kingdom is not yet whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...