Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bright Pink Nail Polish

Bright pink nail polish, can you imagine that it has recently put a J.Crew ad in the hot seat?  The magazine ad page has a mom and her son enjoying an afternoon together.  The looks on their faces are full of grace!  Looks that any parent would want to exchange with their children.  A precious and gracious moment.
Well apparently, people are in a flap because the enjoyment included painting the little boys toenails bright pink. When first looking at the ad, the grace I saw was in the faces and interaction.
The toenails only add to the grace.  If a little boy has the self-esteem to wear pink nail polish -go for it.  At my age, and being female, I'm still hesitant to wear certain colours of nail polish.  To have the grace to be who you are, to wear what you like, and not care what others say...that is awesome.  This is definately a lesson I still need to learn and an identity issue to wrestle with.
for the article go to:
www.ca.shine.yahoo/hot-pink-toenailed-boy-in-j--crew-ad-sparks-controversy-20110414

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...