Monday, April 4, 2011

MISS READ TEXT

Today I had a running date with a friend.  I was to meet her at her house at 4:30pm and we would run the waterfront.  I set out early to run 5k before picking her up.
 It was a fast 5k as I was on the heals of another girl who jumped off the curb before me at a stop light.  I kept pace and stayed behind her 2 sidewalk squares.  She probably was not very happy with me; eventually she pulled over to stretch -my pace bunny who was stretching my capacity was gone.  Well, I arrived at my friends apartment buzzer and buzzed; no answer, waited 10 min and tried again, waited a little longer and then set out.
She heard my message and started our waterfront route backwards, almost at her house we met up. Well I was a little on the tired side having now done 10k -she ran the 5k home with me.  The GRACE was that I think I would have taken the 2k way home if she wasn't with me.  So I did the 15k and feel better for it.  AWESOME!

To finish the distance when the pressure was changing, getting damp, and much colder.  It was hard to breathe. Thanks for being my grace to day bestie.

(My friend had texted earlier about changing the  time, followed by lets do the waterfront.  I only read text #two and missed the time change.  Missing the text meant a challenge pace run and longer distance for me.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...