Sunday, January 26, 2014

Confessions of a Pastor

The month of January has brought with it a new arrival to the parish where I serve --- the congregation has a Vicar (student intern).  The Vicar will be here for a whole year.  It is a wonderful opportunity for the parish and the community.
This said, the supervisor ---that's me--- has had to do a bit of journelling, feeling everything but the kitchen sink:  apprehension, questioning ability, wondering what to pass on, jealous, privileged, excited, creative ideas galour...
Intersting today, the Vicar preached for the first time in this setting.  I was nervous as a mother, wanting everything to go great.  The Vicar is a good preacher. 
This experience is already teaching me more about myself and stretching me.  I particularly apprectiate the difference of cadence, the new word patterns and gestures, the possibility of what will happen to me, to us, to the community.
Thanks be to God for a journey just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...