Friday, July 2, 2010

Secret Garden

It was 10:45pm on this fine warm evening in Halifax.  My husband and I were returning from a concert when lo and behold there was a group of 8 people or so -happy, chatty, 20 somethings- some were sitting on the ground others leaning over and a couple with shovels.  A piece of grass had been dug up and they were about planting a secret garden.  They had some healthy pots started -sunflowers I think; maybe squash -it was dark.  So tomorrow morning the garden will not be secret but the gardeners will be.
The grace is in the joy of these gardeners.  The smell of the fresh earth.  The thought of how many will be graced walking to work and seeing these plants grow.  Awesome job and grace sharing o secret gardeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...