Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"A Snow Day"

Grace today was in a non-snow day snow-day.
Whether this is fantasy or not, I remember a year when I was in public school, that had 15 snow days.  Mom and dad continually tell me it was not that many....but it sure seemed liked it.  I loved school, so to have a school day was brutal.  It's not that I didn't like hanging at home or with my mom and dad.  I really enjoyed learning and watching other people; the best place to do this was at school.
Well today, many of my activities were cancelled.  I could stay home (which was alright as it is very gusty and wet outside thanks to remnants of hurricane Sandy).  So I had a snow day that was not a  snow day.  As I get older, I find grace in the moments when there is a chance to slow down, and a surprise moment of time given in which one can do a project one has wanted to do for a long time.
Today has been grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Holy Enterprise of Friendship

  There is no greater way to show love to friends than to die in their place. You are my friends if you walk in my ways and do what I say. I...