Wednesday, May 8, 2013

42 km Freak out

42kms is the distance of a full marathon, an experience I will partake in on May 19th.
There has been a lot of training with the longest run being 37k, completed a week ago Monday.
Since then Windsor Pilates has happened twice and three relaxed puny runs.  You see this runner had a deep chested cold.  What this has meant, as one is not to run when the ailment is below the throat, is that the kms of a regular taper have not happened. When one is a person who follows a schedule to the "t", it has caused a few moments of "FREAK OUT".

Now before races of shorter lengths, I always seconded guessed the training and freaked out a little then too.  But this is 42 kms!

There was grace to be found today, that finally, when the puny run was done...more might have been done.  No lung was about to be hacked up.  The ribs and belly weren't sore from harder breathing.
The race is coming and if the cold keeps shedding as it it, perhaps it will be the best run ever, all because myself will feel healthy and free.

Then running can become not worrying about overdoing it or coughing, but rather return to a mediation.  This is my prayer!

1 comment:

  1. No need to have freaked out.
    I ran the marathon with my head high, smiling the whole way, waving to the spectators, and saying good morning to everyone along the way. I even spoke with some runners as we passed.
    The day was 13C with a cool breeze, and sunny.
    My husband met me at four different spots to cheer me on, along with a couple of friends.
    If this was not enough to make a grace filled day:
    I completed my first marathon in 4:05:10!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...