Thursday, October 24, 2013

This picture is a number of years old.  Note the happy kitty in my lap.  The last week has not been so happy and lovey-dovey.  Felix, the tabby, has fleas.  Ridiculous as he is an inside cat.  This is the second time this has happened in as many years. 

This morning I was struck by a biblical thought about perseverance. I have run a marathon and although following a schedule of runs and the length of each run, I would not have termed my training persistent.  Tackling fleas on the other hand...
...if I could only pray as often as I have taken to flea combing the cat.  It has been a week of perseverance that will continue into next week.  Perhaps I should take to praying while I am combing?

Creating cats to be cute, fuzzy, adorable has gone along way in helping persistent behaviour.  It will however, be a few more days before I will snuggle with Felix.  Until then I will remain the chief flea catcher in this house -and potentially a more persistent pray-er.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...