Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blue Nose Marathon

It was utter grace to run the half marathon, in control of my breathing the entire way.  For not having trained as much as I would have liked due to school work, and sitting in class the whole week before, I did awesome!  There is such a power rush when one is halfway through (at PB time of 51:27) and feeling strong, the wind in ones' hair, the air of life flowing in and out.  I felt at one with myself, the world around me.  I smiled most of the way...able to run when once upon a time I had asthma and wouldn't have been able to run the distance.
In the end the time, although not a PB was still good: 2:00:57
Grace also came in the words of the friend who I helped train for the 10k.  She bettered her goal and did 10k in 59minutes.
Grace was with and in my husband as he walked 10k, a great feat! 
Grace, life, is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Holy Enterprise of Friendship

  There is no greater way to show love to friends than to die in their place. You are my friends if you walk in my ways and do what I say. I...