Friday, July 23, 2010

Taking Time for Coffee

Grace came to me today in the experience of having coffee with another person.
This person, oft forgotten, lonely, and needing someone to talk to, asked if there was time to get together over the week.  I invited this person for coffee at a coffee house 1/2 way between our homes.

It seems rather simple, to share stories over a cup of coffee.  For this person it was anything but normal; they dressed up.  Being invited to coffee was an event, an exception to the rule -exciting.  This person became a someone.  Grace was shared in taking the time to invite the other for coffee.
Coffee ministry, a deeper grace than many realize. A ministry I need to be conscious of and do more often.
 To the one I had coffee with, thank-you for sharing grace with me today.

1 comment:

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...