Sunday, November 7, 2010

All Saint's Remembrance

There is something to be said for remembering the people in ones' past and sharing those stories with others.  There are people in all of our lifes who have contributed to making us who we are.  Take a few moments and reflect on who these people have been in your life.

 Perhaps these people have given you hope, courage, taught you to love, to believe in yourself, shared faith, were a light in the darkness. 
Do you offer the same gifts to those around you?  This is the offering of grace.  This is offering and growing faith and hope for today and tomorrow.

 Today I remember the pastors in my life who are a large part of who I am today: Pr.Skinner who taught me about a love for nature; Pr.Linda -or Mrs.Minister was a model that women could be pastors; Pr. Mark Harris who tolerated questions, in fact encouraged them during confirmation, and instilled a love for liturgy; and Pr.Lloyd Wiseman who dedicated his life to serving in unique pastoral ways especially with disabled and aged living in facilities.
Thank-you for being Christ light, God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...