Friday, June 17, 2011

Wise Words from a Wise Man

"All of these religions can make an effective contribution for the benefit of humanity. They are all designed to make the individual a happier person, and the world a better place.  However, in order for the religion to have an impact in making the world a better place, I think it's important for teh individual practitioner to sincerely practice the teachings of that religion.  One must integrate the religious teachings into one's life, wherever one is, so one can use them as a source of inner strength.  And one must gain a deeper understanding fo the religioun's ideas, not just on an intellectual level but with a deep feeling, making them part of one's inner experience."
-p295, "The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living", his holiness the Dali Lama and Howard C.Cutler, MD (2009: Riverhead Books)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...