Saturday, July 2, 2011

Canada Day

This was a real holiday! There is something to be said for a beautiful front veranda, where one can sit and watch the world walk by. It really was the world: nieghbours, many First Nation peoples, Asians, Blacks, Arabs, whites; young, old, middle aged; dogs, cats...
To see this and not really think about it at the time - that means we live in a special place; a place where we can dream of no racism, people respecting each others' cultures and being invited to participate
in them.
Today my heart is filled with gratitude!
Thank-you for a beautiful place to live, surrounded by lovely people and peoples. May each day be lived with as much gracious hospitality. Amen.

P.S. If you live in Halifax take sometime on Sat.July 2 or Sun. July 3 and go to the PowWow and the multi-cultural festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...