Friday, July 29, 2011

Lutheran Camp Mush-a-Mush

Grace came in many ways this past week.

I was at Camp Mush, Middle Cornwall, NS with a whole bunch of families for family camp. This week in July is a yearly event where families camp, worship, and play together in God's big backyard. Community with each other and rejuvenating a relationship with nature are fantastic graces.

At Camp data streaming takes a long time and uses a lot of phone power -  a break from Twitter, and posting to the blog for sure.

Grace was found in the lack of inhibition by people of all ages to ask questions on their mind.  These gave me great hope for the future of the church and a justice-filled humanity.  The number of little ones (despite the noise) were a cheerful reminder that all is well with the world, as they grew their relationships with their parents, siblings, staff, creation, and most of all God.

Grace came this week by those at home who were God-sent to places of need in the parish.  The people of God empowered to be all they are meant to be, without me...ahhhh.

Grace will also be found in the shower I am going to shortly jump into.  As much as I love the dirt that God created, I also like to look the way God created me (no dirt); and I like to smell like anything but bugspray and dirty sneakers.

happy camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...