Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Grace in Little Actions

* A note to those at the ES Assembly, "the Runner's Psalm", from opening worship is on this blog, May 4, 2012.

It has been a while since I used the bathroom across the hall from the church office.  I was reminded today, when I was in there, that there are little actions that can be a big grace for others.  In the bathroom, on the back of the door, we have a small poster that says: "In the cycle of abuse, call........(shelter #)....You are not alone."  This seems like a small action, and one wonders how often the poster has been of value.  A group in Halifax, a number of years ago, encouraged women to post posters in bathrooms with this information.  If you are a woman in abuse, the bathroom is a place where an abuser will not see  you memorize a number or write it down for future reference.  A small piece of grace offered so simply; can be a big grace to the woman who uses the number.

In your life, what is a little action that you can do that has the potential to be a big grace for someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...