Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Past and Present

Many years ago, I was given a daily prayer calander, where each day one flips over the ring to the next prayer. The person who gave me this calendar is one whom I consider an example of what all people should be like: compassionate, listening, exciteable, motivated, deep faith and spirituality, flexible and loves tradition.  The calendar was given to me when I was on internship at Zion Lutheran in Sault Ste. Marie; it reminds me of the people who grew me to be who I am.
Todays prayer is lovely -on a day that is sunny and hot, with a brief afternoon shower:
"Thank-you for this day.
Make me aware, Lord, that today never returns.
may the sweet fragrance of Your loving kindness
follow me throughout the day.
Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...