Tuesday, July 24, 2012

on the Veranda

A week ago, Resurrection Council met on the veranda of the parsonage.  Not only was the church in view, so was the neighbourhood, and the people who make up the community.  People walked by, giving a nod, a wave, a smile.  What a way to go about doing church business?  The perspective and conversation had a slightly different air as we were outside confronted by the very streets we are asked to be a part of.

The Council was brave.  Business was done as usual with a devotion at the beginning and standing, holding each others' hands, to say the Lord's Prayer in the end.  Not every church council would do this.  These faithful people acted out of who they are, without a second thought.  Grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...