Last night I went to bed sad and was not sure why. Yes, I will admit that I was stressed and felt overwhelmed -all explainable; but sad? Today is the 18th of September. It would have been my grandmother's birthday. Each year, I remember this day, it is not engraved on my mind, it is part of my heart. You see this grandmother was my kindred spirit. Sadness is the ache of missing her physical presence. Grace is knowing that she embraces me with a host of the communion of saints.
No longer sad after a moment of pause; now there is a joy that comes in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Abiding Hope in the Capacity of God AND Personal Responsibility
Let us pray: Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvati...
-
In the notes of scene 6 in the Glass Menagerie, the playwright, Tennesse Williams, describes the lighting for the scene: the light...
-
Baptism, confirmation, and affirmation of faith liturgies have a prayer where the gathered community prays: Stir up in your people the gift ...
No comments:
Post a Comment