Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Engraved on the heart

Last night I went to bed sad and was not sure why.  Yes, I will admit that I was stressed and felt overwhelmed -all explainable; but sad?  Today is the 18th of September.  It would have been my grandmother's birthday.  Each year, I remember this day, it is not engraved on my mind, it is part of my heart.  You see this grandmother was my kindred spirit.  Sadness is the ache of missing her physical presence. Grace is knowing that she embraces me with a host of the communion of saints. 
No longer sad after a moment of pause; now there is a joy that comes in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...