Thursday, April 22, 2010

Genesis 41

...The seven years of plenty that the land of Egypt had enjoyed came to an end, and the seven years of famine began...
I have never experienced famine.  Sure I have been hungry, but never suffering from famine.  Perhaps famine in my life comes in other ways.  Today I sat at the hospital with one of my children, now it was a short visit -in and out in two hours.  Famine was confronted in my ache to take away my child's pain, and the pain of all the crying babies in the ward.  Famine was confronted in the having to let go, be out of control, and let morning ministry slip away....grace came through this because I was embrassed and filled by a love so deep, I would not have wanted to be anywhere else than with my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Holy Enterprise of Friendship

  There is no greater way to show love to friends than to die in their place. You are my friends if you walk in my ways and do what I say. I...