Saturday, October 9, 2010

relaxation

Generally I am a driven person.  When I work in the kitchen I do dishes, cook supper, pack lunches and do a load of laundry all at the same time.  When I work in the church office I photocopy, open mail and reflect on Sunday's sermon all at the same time. When I relax at home I am doing puzzles or word games, reading for school, or thinking about a million things.  This afternoon grace came as I picked up something different, knitting of a prayer shawl in a three stitch that goes "Father, Son, Holy Spirit" perled, "Father, Son, Holy Spirit" knitted, repeated.  It is very meditative.
And as I close out this post, the cat is curled beside me, my husband beside that, our hockey team has more goals, and the knitting bag will come out.  Ahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...