Monday, October 25, 2010

well laid plans

There is grace to be found in well laid plans.  Last week and this week I am at Acadia Divinity College working towards a D.Min.  Today, I now have a concrete plan for the courses from now to the end, along with the dates.  This was also the day we were given the step by step, time by time, breakdown of the thesis project.  Simple!  It feels wonderful to see the vision of what is to come.  There is peace to be found in this and a lot of excitement in the nitty-gritty.
Often when I get ideas, the ideas are instantly implemented or implemented as soon as possible.  Containing excitement and letting thoughts ruminate is an exercise in patience and guess what else...grace; for ideas become bigger, fleshed out, and morph quickly.  In some ways it is almost selfish as the thoughts move so quickly that others do not get a chance to participate in the spontaneity of the ideas.  Maybe receiving grace in this way, allows for a better presentation of said grace later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...