Thursday, September 22, 2011

In Between

It has been a peculiar day, much of it spent pre-planning and solidifying a timeline for goals. In between, I was to have a visit -which was cancelled.  So I spent more time pre-planning.  Crazy! To feel busy yet not able to complete anything right this instance is a little off putting.  So I set to work, on little tasks like cleaning up the Conference web-site, picking scripture and hymn for an advent reflection -not to be used until the end of Nov., and other such tasks.
 So with all those little things done, it still feels like being "in-between".  My day timer looks like a novel, but future events and dates will happen at the prescribed time; yet, they stay in my head nagging, pinching, and complaining to be done now.
Perhaps GRACE is learning to live in the "in-between" without stress. Others have called it living in the present, rather than the past or future.
  Today's prayer is to see the "in-between" as grace, a space of holy waiting, a time of holy leisure - a time to watch and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...