Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"A Snow Day"

Grace today was in a non-snow day snow-day.
Whether this is fantasy or not, I remember a year when I was in public school, that had 15 snow days.  Mom and dad continually tell me it was not that many....but it sure seemed liked it.  I loved school, so to have a school day was brutal.  It's not that I didn't like hanging at home or with my mom and dad.  I really enjoyed learning and watching other people; the best place to do this was at school.
Well today, many of my activities were cancelled.  I could stay home (which was alright as it is very gusty and wet outside thanks to remnants of hurricane Sandy).  So I had a snow day that was not a  snow day.  As I get older, I find grace in the moments when there is a chance to slow down, and a surprise moment of time given in which one can do a project one has wanted to do for a long time.
Today has been grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abiding Hope in the Capacity of God AND Personal Responsibility

Let us pray: Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvati...