Sunday, October 21, 2012

When Something Amazing Happens at Church

This morning the most amazing thing happened:
During the sermon time was given to silently pray our sadness.  People were invited to pray through the alphabet, a word, phrase, or thought beginning with each letter -all related to sadness, grief, guilt and the like.  The grace came in the silence...total silence....no coughing....no fidgeting...no breathing sounds....silence...
And then people were invited to call out thanksgiving and praise as we worked through the alphabet.  Grace came in the laughter, the joy.
ahhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...