Monday, March 8, 2010

Genesis 15

...look toward heaven, and count the stars...so shall your descendants be...
Today's grace moment came through an interchange with one of my daughters; she is on her journey of discovering who she is and where she is going to direct educational goals for future job posibilities. 

It is hard to believe, that seven years ago, the children who bless our lives now where not part of this household.  My children are adopted.  I see such grace in them and in the decision to adopt.  One's perspective of what is mine, changes through this experience.  To have descendants that fill the world, are numbered with the stars, has a whole new meaning.  It doesn't mean blood kin, perhaps not even offspring of the three in my house now.  It is about a continuance of creation.

There is grace in letting go and realizing that the world, the world's peoples, my kin, are out of my control.  The joy is found in creation being on a journey of discovering who they are and their relationship with the world around them, and the their creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Holy Enterprise of Friendship

  There is no greater way to show love to friends than to die in their place. You are my friends if you walk in my ways and do what I say. I...