Saturday, March 13, 2010

Genesis 20

"I did this in the integrity of my heart and the innocence of my hands."
Yesterday I used the word "gracing".  A colleague suggested as an idea that grace be used as a verb rather than as a noun. 
Today I am going to use the word again.  Gracing was not part of my vocabulary today; I was annoyed by lots of little things and was quite aloof with one particular family member. Tim, my husband, on the other hand, graced his way through the day.  He brought home from grocery shopping not only potted shamrocks but, a big bouquet of flowers for me. 
The flowers have soften my heart, which was not hard at Tim, but one of the children.  Now when frustration rises, I breath in the grace surrounding the fresh blooms, and then try to speak words that are kinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Holy Enterprise of Friendship

  There is no greater way to show love to friends than to die in their place. You are my friends if you walk in my ways and do what I say. I...