Thursday, April 8, 2010

Genesis 35

...Jacob set up a memorial stone and consecrated it by pouring wine and olive oil on it....
There are moments in our lives that are consecrated, in a way, through the engagement of our senses.  Grace came to me today wafting on the warming spring air.  First, it was the coffee roasting house down the road...that rich dark long roasted smell.  Ummm!  Second, and thankfully later in the day was the smell of beer being brewed at Oland's.
Why are these smells grace?  The smells capture my spirit and make me breathe in deeper, and deeper.  Ahhh.  A moment of repose in a flurry of getting from one place to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...