Saturday, April 24, 2010

Genesis 42

...Why do you keep looking at one another?...
This reminds me a lot of people, often times church communities.  We know what should or could be done, but instead look at each other, or more often the floor, hoping someone else will get on with the task.  In Genesis 42 Jacob is sending his sons to Egypt to get food due to a long famine -yes it will be a long journey, yes it could be dangerous-but there is potential life at the end of the trip, rather than the present death they are living in. To move from what one knows -even if it means certain death -to risk hard work, a long journey, and life itself; to embrace potential life, in a form yet unknown....when one takes this step that is grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...