Sunday, March 13, 2011

when there are no words

It has been a horrendous week; in the world, at home, in my very being.
The Prayers of the People, this morning in church, were done during the Kid's Corner. As we sat at the front we talked about sighing -how perhaps during 40 days of fasting in the wilderness that Jesus sighed.
We talked about praying and not always knowing what to say. We talked about the Spirit groaning within/praying when words are too little. So we tried it.
The prayer mentioned the catastrophies in the world - we sighed. as the prayer went on, we sighed more deeply, more prayerfully; tears came and we sighed with thanks for love where we see it and for the breathe of life for this day.
Grace was found where words were gone and all that was was a sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...