Monday, September 6, 2010

post graduate work

It is the most wonderful time of the year; the children have gone back to school and life once again has a schedule.  My schedule includes more homework than all three kids put together.  In the past 2 days alone I have read 650 pages and am waiting for the books that are currently in the mail.  My class, mid-October has 2500 pages of reading with written reflective notes on each book, plus preliminary note-taking on 15 biblical texts; the other class the week after requires an intial draft of my thesis-project proposal.
Now when I first saw all this I was flipped into a momentary panic.
 GRACE was found in the drawing out of a homework sheet, complete with coloured post-it notes.
Grace was found in the taking of one step at a time:  going to the library, ordering other books, sitting down and reading (one page at a time-taking notes, adding personal reflection and thoughts).
 Grace is in the ability to focus and now I see it is doable. Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...