Saturday, September 18, 2010

a mill stone

Have you ever felt like a mill stone has been hung around your neck?  Or perhaps the weight of the world seems to be crushing down on your shoulders?
Every so often, I have periods where I am emotionally kaput.  These times are often difficult to admit to myself.  They weigh heavy.
There is grace in learning to say outloud, "I am emotionally zapped!"  When one is able to express this statement the weight starts to lift.  It is no longer just me in the world by myself.  I have sought help and let the words filter through the universe.  The emotions remain very much alive and present but no longer continue to seep deep inside.
I told a colleague today that "I am emotionally zapped!", she heard, empathized, commented, hugged.  The mill stone now feels more like sacks of pebbles. 

Grace today means I have to look outside my own strength and seek a strength far greater than myself. 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post, and reminder that there is nothing we need to carry alone.

    ReplyDelete

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...