Have you ever felt like a mill stone has been hung around your neck? Or perhaps the weight of the world seems to be crushing down on your shoulders?
Every so often, I have periods where I am emotionally kaput. These times are often difficult to admit to myself. They weigh heavy.
There is grace in learning to say outloud, "I am emotionally zapped!" When one is able to express this statement the weight starts to lift. It is no longer just me in the world by myself. I have sought help and let the words filter through the universe. The emotions remain very much alive and present but no longer continue to seep deep inside.
I told a colleague today that "I am emotionally zapped!", she heard, empathized, commented, hugged. The mill stone now feels more like sacks of pebbles.
Grace today means I have to look outside my own strength and seek a strength far greater than myself.
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Abiding Hope in the Capacity of God AND Personal Responsibility
Let us pray: Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvati...
-
In the notes of scene 6 in the Glass Menagerie, the playwright, Tennesse Williams, describes the lighting for the scene: the light...
-
Baptism, confirmation, and affirmation of faith liturgies have a prayer where the gathered community prays: Stir up in your people the gift ...
What a beautiful post, and reminder that there is nothing we need to carry alone.
ReplyDelete