Monday, September 13, 2010

legacy

The past few weeks have been spent on texts from the reading list for an upcoming preaching class. The closing words of the "afterwards", from Eugene L.Lowry's book, "the Homiletical Plot", encapsulated a grace moment.
Now this grace moment is specific to his book and the fact that 20 years later it still is of great value and read by preachers, new and old.  Yet, there is a suggestion that a grace moment for anyone, is to see that 20 years down the road, contributions made to family, community and the world are still respected, used, studied, learned from.  Grace is legacy.
Eugene Lowry writes: "Back in 1980, I never imagined that, the Homiletical Plot would survice these twenty years.  That the possibility exists that it may be of some servicde into the new millenium is for me sheer grace and enormous joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...