Thursday, March 25, 2010

Genesis 28

...Surely the Lord is in this place and I did not know it...
It is tea and cookie time of year, as I go from house to house visiting those who are unable to come to church, taking them Eucharist.
I am not one who particularly likes cookies or baking, however, these sweets are kept in precious containers -often in the freezer-until visitors come.  They are made with love and come with a thank-you.  Over the years, I have come to understand the cookies as the persons way of offering communion back; an intimate relationship.  You see, the "real" stories -those deeper than the weather, gossip, and the news- are only shared after the tea is poured and eating together has occured.  To grace and be graced happens in this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Holy Enterprise of Friendship

  There is no greater way to show love to friends than to die in their place. You are my friends if you walk in my ways and do what I say. I...