Monday, May 17, 2010

D.Min: Contemporary Theology Day 1

Grace is a very interesting topic.  Today as a seminar we discussed Bonhoeffer.  Bonhoeffer talks of Christ being 'pro me', standing in my place where I can not stand, on the border of my existence. This is unconditional grace and love.  As a call to discipleship we are called to stand 'pro me' for others, praying for forgiveness for all so that the other becomes closer to the Incarnate One.  The question is how does grace, and our experience of grace, affect our ethics.  When you look at the life of Bonhoeffer and his part in the resistance, was that acting as grace? I would say yes.
Grace is messy business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...