Thursday, May 20, 2010

D.Min.Contemporary Theology Day 4

We are beginning to talk about theologians who have moved from the traditional systematic approach.  Some of these theologians are extremely critical of operating doctrines and theologies.  It is interesting to see that ideas that I have held, wrestled with, or take for granted are verging on heretical by others in the class.  In fact, some of the tenets we are discussing, are being heard for the first time by some classmates.  
I have been reminded that we are a product of our histories and contexts.  Tonight I see grace in the journey that has me where I am -with a wide variety of theologies operating and conversing with each other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...