Friday, May 14, 2010

genesis 48

...I never expected to see your face again, and now God has allowed me to see your children too...
I read an interesting thought today about the theology  of music.  The concept presented was one of music connecting human beings to an expression of the chaos and dissonance they experience in the world around them.  The playing and hearing of the discordent cord, the minor keys, and the sometimes unpredictable melodies allow the human  being to "cry out" and deeply feel pain, suffering, and vulnerability.   When this occurs the human empties themself, thus able to grasp the beauty of music and the harmonies found therein.  This is the grace of music -it brings wholeness and healing oft times amid chaos.  There is creation, regeneration, and a chance for hope and transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...