Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Genesis 2

"thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array..."
I believe that there is grace in the completion of a project. After hard work, perseverence, and expended creative energy -the final piece is grace in itself. Grace is built in.
When I knit prayer shawls, the time and prayers, added to the stitches makes a gift of love -a God embrace for someone else.
I also feel a sense of grace when one activity comes to an end because that means a new beginning. That is always exciting!

1 comment:

  1. As confusing as this may sound, I believe that Jesus was 100% human. I believe that Jesus was 100% God.
    The God, in which I have faith, is multi-facited: and the only human way of describing this one God is through language that is not adequate.
    God is creator. God is incarnate in Jesus Christ. God is an advocate via the Holy Spirit.
    It is in the figure of Jesus that I begin to grasp the concept of grace. To imagine that God would dare to enter human form, to suffer, to be vulnerable, to abandon "God-ness", because of unconditional love for humankind. It doesn't make logical sense at all. And maybe that is grace. Being so overwhelmed by love that logic melts away.

    In my life, I can only pray for the strength to be a messenger of such grace.

    And yes, I will check out your blog.

    Assalamu 'alaykum

    ReplyDelete

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...