Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Genesis 8

...then Noah waited another seven days, and sent out the dove; and it did not return to him any more...
I experienced grace today while playing cards -bridge to be exact- with three senior women who have been playing most of their lives. I am just learning to play bridge.
There were times when I did not know what to bid, or which cards to play. I know I made lots of mistakes but, the grace was found in them letting me make mistakes so that I could learn. They didn't get annoyed or upset. I never thought that I would like playing bridge -I use to think it stuffy -but there is grace in learning something new. In fact I love playing bridge. I wonder how long one stays a beginner and thus can bask in offered grace?

1 comment:

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...