Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Genesis 3

" Did God really say, 'You must not eat fruit from any tree in the garden?"
Today is a day full of rules. It has snowed...at least a foot over night. The city bylaws want it removed within a certain time frame. If it is not removed, one gets a warning, bylaw officers take pictures, and they come back in 12-24hrs. This is the GRACE period before you get a ticket ($200+).

Now don't mis-understand me, I love shovelling snow. It is even better when it was like today, light and fluffy, and the kids were able to help because school was cancelled.

I encountered grace this morning in a young man who had decided to ride a bicycle to wherever it was that he needed to go. It was early enough that police were advising no one to drive, and buses where taking bizarre routes to avoid impassible places. The young man had a beautiful smile as he came down the sidewalk that my family were in the process of finishing. He said, "Thank-you, for shovelling your sidewalk!"
It made it all worthwhile. As much as I enjoy shovelling snow, I was getting tired, and then I began to think why does the city have to bylaw snow removal in a timely manner...(rules, blah). But the answer, is grace. It was grace to hear the words, "Thank-you".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Proclaims I AM! to each Forest

I AM the vine. You are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. The Se...