Saturday, February 20, 2010

Genesis 6

...And the Lord was sorry that he had made humankind on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart....
By grace humankind is on the earth today. I never really understood such passages until I had children. By grace they are still alive ... perhaps it was because on the day of trouble they were just so dog-on cute, or perhaps polite, or over the top apologetic, or smart enough to leave the house for the day.
When I failed -acted human- grace was still present.
What a relief to engage in a world where grace is present, despite my failings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abiding Hope in the Capacity of God AND Personal Responsibility

Let us pray: Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvati...